- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or 1 tsp. peppercorn)
- 2 tbsp oil
Cooking Procedures :
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tbsp. garlic, bay leaf, salt (to taste), pepper (or peppercorn) and water. Stir to blend and then add into the brown chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow simmering uncovered for about 10 minutes. If the sauce is reduced add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and continue simmering until chicken is tender. Remove meat, reserving the sauce.
- In another pan, sauté remaining garlic until it becomes fragrant. Add the chicken and fry until light brown. Add in the adobo sauce.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a serving dish. Serve hot.